Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A New Year!


Hi there! Meredith here. I'm the new Programs Director at Mainely Girls and I'm thrilled! The school year is just starting, and that means it's the perfect time for our Girl's Point of View Book Club to get rolling, too!

You might be wondering what purpose this blog will serve. Well, I'll be sharing info about our clubs and, of course, our books! I definitely want to hear what you have to say about them. See, that's the best part about these clubs: they offer a chance to interact! I want to hear your ideas. Did you really love "The Secret Life of Bees," or "The Bean Trees?" Did you hate that one character, or did you cry at the ending?

I also want to hear about what YOUR club is up to. Do you guys have an awesome idea for a meeting that other gals might want to hear? Did you all get together and watch, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" after reading the book? Did you come up with a brilliant plan to make meetings even more fun? Let me hear it!

The cool thing about having a blog is that we can interact a little differently here than in the clubs. I'll post links to sites that relate to our books, or maybe even video clips that match up with our themes. There's a world of media out there and we can use it take these books off the page and into our larger world.

So, here we go! Hope you'll be joining me for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment